This morning was absolutely beautiful – sunny, warm…ahh, I loved biking to work! But only after today’s workout, which was quick.
Since my race is on Sunday and my training plan calls for a 2-day rest period before the race (I took a rest day yesterday, so that was a no-go) I ran an easy mile at 5.5 after warming up for 5 minutes at 5.5 and stretching + abs. Short and sweet
Brekkie was my usual hot buckwheat cereal (love), but today it got kicked up a notch – I added a whole pomegranate (it was messy getting out the seeds, let me tell you) and a chopped up (melty, gooey, and goodness-filled) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Katebar – don’t forget a giant mouthful of almond buttah!
Yummy yummy yummy I’ve got love in my tummy, and it feels like lovin’ you!
Anybody remember that song? I adore rhymes from Little Kid-Hood.
This was so filling. Who woulda thunk that a pomegranate would fill me up so quick? Apparently they’re crazy high in fiber – it kept me full until lunch! (I usually have to snack – no, I don’t post everything I eat!)
As per usual, I ate everything around the melty, gooey goodness – saving the best for last
Lunch today was at a slightly more humanly hour – 2:15 to be exact. I met up with one of my girlfriends for lunch after my shift. Catching up (and food!) were such a nice way to end my day at work. She’s a sweetheart, and truly one of the best friends a girl could have.
I enjoyed an organic pink lady apple, roasted brussels sprouts, fresh veggies (carrots, cukes, tomaters, red peppa), and 2 slices of Ezekiel 4:9 bread with Kabocha Squash with Azuki Beans smothered in between. Best sandwich ever? For sure.
Then, I came home and made these.
Yes, those are Homemade Peanut Butter Cups. And healthy, too! What? Impossible.
But it’s not.
Can you tell I have a crazy sweet tooth?
I roll the natural way.
And popped into the fridge for dessert!
Yes, I am making you wait until the end for the recipe! I know I know, I’m cruel.
For din din, we had some freshly picked yellow corn (the greatest), cooked to sweet and toothsome perfection – along with Carrot Cake Quinoa, another batch of Spinach and Chickpea Delight (yes, I made it twice in one week! It was too good the first time), and roasted green beans.
Yum yum =)
Then for dessert, we had the peanut butter cups! And they were better than Reese’s.
Of course, no dessert in the CK House is ever truly complete without some Banana Soft Serve…
Alright, enough already! Here you go
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- All-natural smooth peanut butter (I used Smucker’s, but usually I use unsalted Wegman’s brand)
- A pinch or so of sea salt, if using unsalted peanut buttah (taste test! here’s your good excuse )
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. vegan chocolate chips (I use EnjoyLife brand, but you can use unsweetened Baker’s chocolate and add sweetener)
- 4 muffin/cupcake paper baking cups
- In a deep (not shallow! think square..you want chocolate as close together as possible), microwave chocolate for 3 minutes (or until melted), stirring every 15 seconds after the first minute.
- Spoon melted chocolate into baking cups, enough to cover the bottom.
- Spoon a dollop of peanut butter (about half to a whole tablespoon) of peanut butter into each baking cup, trying to keep it in the middle.
- Stir remaining chocolate and microwave again/add more chocolate if necessary, then spoon into baking cups, enough to completely cover peanut butter. Even out with the back of a spoon.
- Pop in the fridge until solid, and then enjoy! I mean…devour
Sweet and salty.
What’s your favorite childhood candy? Your favorite simple dessert?
That’s all for tonight lovlies! I’ve got the 8 am shift and tomorrow’s a rest day – so that means a (slightly) more normal morning. I’m already dreaming about the chocolate chip cookie dough that I’ll be devouring tomorrow morning for breakfast