This is not a joke. I repeat, this is not a joke.
I may love animals and think that itty bitty mice can occasionally be cute, but we have mice that are taking my Mary’s Gone Crackers out of the box…through the front panel.
I think I may have a freaky genius on my hands.
^^ Yup, total freaky genius.
Then, during my run two days ago, I spotted an itty bitty baby mouse on a glue trap we had set out (I was not happy with my parents for this), and it was still breathing. I was nearly in tears, lovlies I couldn’t handle it. Then, I saw another one on the other side of my basement! Let’s just say it was a rough morning.
Plus, we learned that we have a family of mice in our house! Later that night, CKMom found another mouse..in our trash can! And caught it by hand (accompanied by some screaming, but it’s notabigdeal). What a champ
But despite all that, this morning was loooovely. I was hungry right when I woke up (I usually never am), and all I wanted was peanut butter and bananas. Nothing else. So I whipped up this bowl of yum
Peanut Buttah and Banana Oats
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp. peanut buttah
- Bring liquid to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and add oats. Cook for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When oats are about to be done cooking, mash up the banana and microwave for 15-30 seconds, until hot, mushy, and smelling really good
- Add banana to oats before they are fully cooked, and combine.
- When oatmeal is done cooking, cover and remove from heat for a few minutes.
- Serve and top with peanut buttah!
This was too good. And super simple. Sometimes simplest is best I enjoyed this as breakfast in bed (while reading VegNews, obvs), which was so nice considering I’ve been feeling under the weather and had to stay home today.
Not too long after, I got hungry again and decided it was time to lose my Green Monster virginity. (gasp!)
Honestly, I don’t know why I’ve never made one before, but it was time. Plus, I felt like I needed some greens!
Of course, I had to roll In-A-Bowl style. I don’t do smoothies in a glass – as I’ve mentioned before, it would be gone in about T-minus .049712301 seconds.
Behold, my first green monstah!
Berry High-Protein Green Monster
- 1 packet Vega Vanilla Chai Whole Food Health Optimizer
- 2 giant handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 cup mixed berries (I used blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1.5 tsp. xanthan gum
And blend, baby, blend!
It got in mah belly.
That’s all for now, lovlies! I hope everyone’s had a great day so far