You heard me! Chocolate chip cookies – well, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Katebars, to be exact =)
I took my favorite brekkie, as per usual, and mixed in a chopped up one just before it finished cooking. Melty, gooey goodness! Get in mah belly:
With some almond buttah lovin, of course! Straight into my mouth :)
With a fresh plum and half a grapefruit, of course!
As you can tell, I was really hungry. I’ve been hungry for lots of food lately, probably due to the huge increase in intensity of my running! I need lots of good fuel to help my muscles grow =)
Today I took a rest day and slept in until 5 (yes, that felt like sleeping in compared to yesterday..holy man), and boy, did my muscles need it!
I had a rough sleep, waking up every couple of hours and having some crazy dreams, accompanied by achy muscles – oh, the joys of 5K training =)
For lunch at work, I had leftover Kabocha Squash with Azuki Beans (yum), Carrot Cake Quinoa, a pink lady apple (see it on the top edge? so yummy!), and assorted raw veggies (carrots, baby tomaters, red pepper, and cukes).
I also had some of my homemade Kombucha tea for dessert! Happy tummy at work =)
After work, I came home to relax for a bit and then make din din, one of my all-time favorites: Portobella Mushroom Burgers!
I could eat these things every night of the week.
Yes, yes I could.
Portobella Mushroom Burgers
- 4 portobella mushroom caps
- 3-4 tbsp. EVOO
- 3-4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash portobella caps and allow to drain, face-down, on some paper towels for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix EVOO, balsamic vinegar, and garlic in a shallow bowl – allow to sit for a few minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Dunk mushroom caps in the mixture, covering each side thoroughly and then place dark side up in a casserole dish (so the caps become like “bowls”).
- Once all are completely dunked, use a spoon to spoon the remaining mixture into the caps, creating pools.
- Bake, covered with tin foil, for 30 minutes. Then uncover, flip caps, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve on a bun (or by itself!) with your favorite toppings – avocado, marinara sauce, agave-sweetened ketchup, tomato, onion, mayo, etc. – and enjoy! =)
These are to die for. I literally would do anything for another one right now – unfortunately, we only had 4 portobella caps in the house and there were 4 people. *Sad face*
Then, it was off to Wegmans for some grocery shopping – I picked up some goodies that you’ll be seeing tomorrow :)
That’s all for tonight! I’m off to go finish read a few chapters of Beowulf…I’m supposed to be done with it by Tuesday, but who really does summer reading anyways?
…Oh yeah, I do! Boooo.
What are your favorite books from required summer reading?
Beowulf is actually pretty good, so that would be in the top few – I just can’t get around to reading it! I do remember reading many a good book during junior high when they gave you novels (that they knew you would read!). I always enjoyed those, and the fun projects they would assign – like making a movie poster for the book! I always got crafty =)
See you tomorrow lovlies! I have the 10 am shift tomorrow, thank goodness!
This will be a more normal morning, which makes me very happy – sleeping until a normal (humanly) hour, running (yay! 2 days until the 5K) and eating breakfast and lunch at the usual time.
Today and yesterday I’ve had to eat at the bright morning hour of 6 – and then given lunch break at 10:30. Talk about a crazed-up appetite clock!