Well, for one..it’s Friday! Hello weekend 🙂 And two…I LANDED MY FIRST JOB! This is particularly exciting for a few reasons: a. It’s my first job, b. I’ll be making good money, c. It was one of TWO jobs I was offered today, and d. It was landed in under ten minutes. No joke. The lady just said, “Okay, I am definitely going to hire you! Orientation is sldkfugeios….” It. was. magical. My mom literally dropped me off, drove halfway down the street, and then had to come back. Ahh, the joys of Friday the 13th 🙂
I had a job interview this morning at 8 (which I also landed), then came home and had some oatmeal with a TON of fresh berries. I’m actually really liking this grains-at-every-meal thing that The Kind Diet has me going on.
So for lunch, we had leftovers with salad:
Above you see my famous Spinach Pie, roasted asparagus, and a kale salad with some limon-wataa. Yum 🙂
Then I headed over to my second job interview and now I am “employed”! So tonight we planned an outdoor celebration dinner that wasn’t too fancy, but the patio was beautiful tonight. And the REAL celebration was marked by our first batch of vegan brownies! Or vegan brownie muffins I should say. They were so perfect and ooey and gooey…Rebecca and I had to split a second! I couldn’t help myself 🙂
Ooey Gooey Brownie Muffies
Makes 8 Muffies
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup NuStevia Powder Baking Blend
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup + 2 tbsp natural, unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 8 muffin cups.
- Combine wet ingredients in one bowl, dry ingredients in another. Combine each separately then pour wet into dry and mix completely.
- Batter should be very thick, but keep stirring; it will thoroughly combine, I promise! The thickness makes them gooey.
- Spoon into muffin cups with an ice-cream scooper and then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are just firm but inside feels gooey when you press down.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then serve warm. They’re best this way because the chocolate chips are still gooey – mmmm 🙂
We also had some of my homemade kombucha with dessert! It was the perfect compliment, and made a perfect celebration evening. Who ever said Friday the 13th was always bad?
Also, during my blog reading today I discovered this treasure. This blog has so many inspiring posts, I kept finding more to read! Start with that post and then look at the others. They are so incredibly enlightening and really gave me the spiritual uplift I was looking for.
Ahhh, now time for bed! Running and farmer’s market in the morning 🙂 Goodnight lovies!
Question: What’s your favorite thing about your local farmer’s market?
Mine is the environment; the quality and vibe that you get from so many people being so friendly 🙂 There’s the Spice Guy, the Corn Guy, the Quinoa and Rice Guy, and the Guy I Get All My Fruit From. It’s the perfect start to my Saturdays.