Despite the unusually fall-like weather we’ve had today, it’s been such a good day. Who needs sunshine? I’ve got slippers 🙂
Yoga class was so much fun! I always come home feeling stretched out and happy, but today I left completely energized and giddy. We had a substitute today who was nothing short of fabulous – the class was filled with laughs and endless conversation, along with every pose becoming ten times more fun and childlike.
The one thing she said at the beginning of class was that she had taught a class for kids yesterday, and they were all having fun, making fun out of what most people would have as “vogue” – pose, hold! pose, hold! “Yoga should be fun,” she said; so I thought to myself, if yoga class can be made more fun, so can everything else.
So my goal today is this: Have fun! To make everything fun, because life is too short to grumble through. You can make it your goal too! Here are some suggestions:
- Play some of your favorite songs while folding laundry and sing and dance along. Go crazy, girls! (and guys 🙂 )
- Sing your favorite song while making dinner
- Imagine that all of your co-workers are giant carrots, broccoli, apples or what have you from the Fruit of the Loom commercial. Or wearing the Cat in the Hat’s signature hat – something that will amuse you.
- Just be happy! If you’re happy while you’re doing something, it’ll be more enjoyable – so think happy thoughts, people!
So in my post-yoga giddiness, I whipped up a delicious lunch: an Ezekiel sprouted grain wrap with hummus, sprouts, kale, and a juicy heirloom tomato 🙂
So good. Too good.
I’m a bit obsessed. I think wraps might grace my plate a few more times 🙂
Heirloom Tomato and Hummus Wrap
- 1 Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain tortilla
- about 1/3 cup (or more 🙂 ) of my Simple Hummus
- 2 tbsp. sprouts (more or less to your liking)
- 3/4 – 1 cup kale
- 1 medium heirloom tomato, sliced into 5 slices
- 2 toothpicks (very important!)
- Defrost and warm the tortilla, then spread with hummus, leaving about a half inch bare around the edges.
- Evenly distribute sprouts, kale, and the tomato slices.
- Roll up tortilla, being sure to roll tightly and use your fingers to push fillings under the rolled part as you roll (so it doesn’t squoosh out!).
- Place 2 toothpicks (yes, this is what they’re for!) in the wrap, each about 1/3 tortilla length away (divides the wrap into 3 parts).
- Cut wrap in half using a good knife (like a bread knife, has teeth) and enjoy! 🙂
- Use any kind of hummus, or instead use some vegan cream cheese, sour cream, Vegenaise, dressing
- Use as many different fillings as you want! Some other ideas are: other veggies, seitan, tofu, tempeh, vegan deli cuts, Gardein chicken strips/beef tips/any cooked and cut Gardein product, rice, beans, other grains..or if you want this for breakfast, have a breakfast fruit wrap! Just use jam or nut butter instead of hummus. Mmm 🙂 The possibilities are endless.
What’s your favorite wrap combo?
During lunch, I always have some reading next to me to enjoy after I finish eating (I never read when I eat. I always try and put my whole self into the meal, the food, and the experience it brings).
After lunch, I got a pleasant surprise! Eat, Pray, Love FINALLY came in the mail. Let’s just say I was really excited.
In other notes, working out first thing in the morning has gotten so much easier! Not only am I excited before bed, but when I wake up I’m ready to go. The first few days, I was tired and sluggish once noon hit, but now I feel completely energized throughout the day! Can’t get used to the water if you don’t go in it, as I always say 🙂
Some of you might be hesitant to try working out first thing in the morning, but you should try it! Here are my tips and tricks for motivation:
- Sleep in your workout clothes. I’m serious! It works. I did this for the first week, and it never failed me.
- If your house is chilly in the mornings, sleep in a sweater or jacket (or have one next to your bed to put on). It keeps me in a warm, energized state when I wake up instead of the cold that makes you sleepy.
- Have your shoes by your bed so you can pop them on as soon as you wake up.
- As soon as you wake up, wash your face with cool water and drink a glass of water (or more). Hydration is very important!
- Look up what shows are on during your planned workout (if you’ll be indoors), and get excited for the show you’re going to watch. For me it’s always the Today show – why not start the morning with some fresh news and gossip from Kathy Lee?
Let me know if you try any of these out!
I’ll be trying out some of these training plans:
Question: What are your favorite ways to get motivated for your workouts?
Oh, and before I forget! Today’s inspirational tea bag quote:
Okay, that’s all for now! See you after dinner lovlies 🙂