Good morning lovelies! I hope everyone had a rockin’ Sattyday!
I sure did:)
I slept in until about 9 (a big deal for me), and then I had my usual green smoothie while dreaming about the pancakes I was about to make while I did my morning blog
Then, I whipped out my handy dandy whisk and got a-whiskin’!
The result? My house smelled like cookies and my sister literally ran into the kitchen wondering why I was baking cookies so early in the morning.
Not that I haven’t done that before.
I had been dreaming of chocolate because of Friday night’s Raw Chocolate Mousse (which by the way is SO much thicker and more delicious when left in the fridgy fridge overnight), so obviously my pancakes had to be full of chocolatey deliciousness.
I mean, since it’s never too early for chocolate…obviously.
And since it was the glorious morning and we have perfect windows in our dining room, I didn’t even have to venture out into the snow for natural light! Food blogger WIN🙂
I have to point out that these were the thickest, doughiest, most ginormous pancakes I have ever inhaled. If this is not the most epic plate of pancakes you have ever seen, I seriously question your sanity (I would say I’m joking, but that would be a lie…these suckers filled me UP).
So, since it’s the freakin weekend, you should probably make these pancakes. Just sayin;)
Bee tee tubs, these were rockin slightly undercooked and doughy…I love me some fudgy fudge🙂
Chocolate Cookie Dough Protein Pancakes
Makes 2 large pancakes, or a million small ones.
- 1/4 cup flour (I used buckwheat, but these are also delicious with quinoa flour)
- 1/4 cup (1 scoop) Vega Sport Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. NuNaturals Stevia Powder
- 1 scoop Chocolate Amazing Grass Superfood (or cocoa/cacao powder)
- 1 tsp. Navitas Naturals raw maca powder (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup liquid (water or non-dairy milk), more or less depending on desired thickness
- For fluffy pancakes: add 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Mix dry ingredients, then add banana and mix. Add wet ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, then add a dab of coconut oil (or canola oil, olive oil) and allow to melt and heat for a few minutes.
- Add batter to the pan to desired pancake size, and allow to cook for about 5 minutes (or until bubbles appear in the middle) and then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Repeat for each pancake, adding more oil in between pancakes.
- Serve topped with Chocolate Protein Frudding (recipe below), cacao nibs, and fruit. Or, if you’re feeling extra adventurous, plop some chocolate chips and maple syrup or agave nectar on those babies!
My first thought: “Ooh, baby, baby! La la la la la la la…” (name that song!)
Yeah, they were that good.
Who said you shouldn’t have dessert for breakfast?
They were certainly on crack(ers).
Topped with blueberries, raspberries, cacao nibs, and Chocolate Protein Frudding.
And yes, I took the words “frosting” and “pudding” and smooshed them together. I told you I like to make up words😉
Chocolate Protein Frudding
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal (or ground flaxseeds)
- 1 scoop Chocolate Amazing Grass Superfood
- 1/4 tsp. NuNaturals Stevia
- 1/3 cup liquid (water or non-dairy milk)
- Combine in a bowl and chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Remove and stir, adding more liquid if necessary to desired consistency.
- Use as a topping for pancakes, waffles, oats, overnight oats, on cake/brownies/cookies, or by itself! The possibilities are endless:)
This yields a very pudding-like texture. I love it, and it was the perfect spread for my pannycakes!
To make into a frosting, I would recommend processing it in a food processor to give it a smoother texture.
Stomach Status: satisfied.
In a nutshell, I was in my pajamas all day.
It was AWESOME.
That’s all for now, lovies! I’m off to church and then to the gymmy gym gym to laugh my ass off at all of the superbowl commercials and then eat lots of chocolate mousse🙂
Have you ever had a PJ day?
Yes, I try to have at least one a week, it is good for the soul.
What is your favorite thing to watch on Hulu?
SUPERBOWL COMMERCIALS WILL BE ON HULU TODAY! Aka, I don’t even have to watch sweaty men jump on each other in order to get my Superbowl commercial fix:) But my faves are Lie to Me, Greek, Desperate Housewives, Glee, Buffy, and LOST. But mostly Lie to Me, I am obsessed:)
What is your favorite kind of pancake? What do you top them with?
Uh, chocolate chocolate chip, banana pancakes, and anything loaded with fruit. Slash I love topping mine with almond butter and apple butter and tons of fruit, it makes them taste like a PB+B sandwich, almond-apple style:)