It’s been stormy and dark all day, so tonight for dinner I wanted something a bit…warmer. Like soothe-the-soul kind of warm. So, I went with my signature butternut squash soup, roasted asparagus, black jicama rice with raw almonds, and salads with avocado. Mmmm I’m getting warmer just thinking about it 🙂
Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 lbs. butternut squash
- 2 cups water
- Cinnamon, allspice, and/or nutmeg to taste (I use just cinnamon)
- 1-2 cups water
- Wash and chop the butternut squash into cubes.
- Place a steamer basket in a large pot with the 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add butternut squash to the steamer basket and allow to steam until brightly colored and easily pierced with a fork.
- Carefully tip and remove steamer basket, allowing the squash to fall into the hot water. Let sit for a few minutes and stir.
- Add squash and water to a blender and puree until smooth. Be sure to push pieces down so they all blend completely.
- Once completely smooth, pour and scrape soup back into pot and add a cup of water. Stir and reheat over low heat.
- Add spices and continue stirring, adding water to your desired consistency (I usually only need 1 cup).
- Once bubbles start forming, it is hot enough to serve. Enjoy! 🙂
Butternut squash soup is one of my favorite recipes of all time. It’s simple, super flavorful and sweet, and always looks really nice in the bowl.
Simple Roasted Asparagus
- However much asparagus you plan to eat!
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash asparagus and break off woody ends.
- Arrange on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss with tongs to evenly coat.
- Place in oven for about 12 minutes.
These are so yummy and the tops get perfectly crispy. Crunch crunch 🙂
What’s your favorite fall meal?
Time to start my day! Until later, lovies 🙂