Good evening all! Hope everyone’s had a relaxing day:)
Mine was jam-packed with schoolwork and my econ paper. I didn’t have class until noon, but I went to the library anyway and CRANKED OUT a lot of my paper and a ton of the work I’ll be missing while I’m de-chipmunking
I had planned on going to the gym after school, but my stomach was NOT agreeing with me! I think the ibuprofen I’ve been taking has made my stomach all messy, but I’ve been eating anyway. Did you know that eating is not as fun when you’re not hungry?:(
Before I get to my “Last Supper” before the surgery, I must thank Sophia and Stefanie both for giving me the Stylish Blogger Award! Thank you so much ladies, you’re sweethearts:)
Here’s how it works!
There are 4 duties to perform to accept this award:
1. Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
Alrighty tighty, here are my 7 Things!
- I get really excited about little things. I love it when the marshmallow melts perfectly in hot cocoa, or something awesome happens like Dennis Quaid being on the Ellen show;)
- When I was an itty bitty child, probably two or three, I lived in Minnesota where mud comes to visit a LOT during the spring. So, being the little kid that I was, I fell flat on my face and ended up with a mouthful of mud. And I have the picture to prove it. I guess mud doesn’t taste good or something?
- I’ve been wearing rings since I was five. Currently, I wear a claddagh and a peace sign ring (soooo 2010..I need a new one;) I remember the day I got my first ring:) I was at an arts fair with my Mom in New Hampshire, and I saw this ring that was knotted into a “forget-me-knot” (ha). She got it for me, and I had to save it for my birthday but it was SO worth it! It was sterling silver and I wore it until I outgrew it around age ten or eleven.
- I’m organized…in a disorganized way. Although I tend to be a neat freak and keep things spotless all the time, eventually things get messy. And honestly, you would look at my mess and think “dang, how does this girl find anything?!”, but I know where everything is. Don’t touch my stuff, ya hear?! 😉 (I heard that most geniuses are “organized” this way..maybe that says something about me? 😉
- I eat grapes on my pizza. No, I don’t cook it with the grapes on top. When I’m about to take a bite, I plop a grape on it. You probably are thinking about how gross it sounds but IT IS SO GOOD. The sweet and tartness of the grapes PERFECTLY compliments the saltiness of cheese (in my case, Daiya;). If you don’t believe me, try it out. Do it. Now. (p.s. this also semi-works with apples and other such fruits, but none can compare to grapes. none.)
- I’m kind of a dork. Okay, that you probably already know but know this: in the sixth grade I single-handedly read 3 books in one day. Let’s just say it was rainy and the books were goooood. I still love me some books, but somehow blog-reading always takes precedence over my leisurely reading time. Any recommendations?? I need to get back on that bandwagon:)
- I make weird noises. When I’m tired or really happy, I sometimes make this pterodactyl noise. Other times, I just make my own sound effects. You will often hear superfluities of onomatopoeias in my everyday jargon. Like when I’m on the treadmill, I occasionally will blurt out zooooom! When I turn off the shower, I do a “raspberry” but with just my lips. So it’s like pppppphhhh! Okay, if the grapes didn’t freak you out, that one definitely did.
Now onto my bloggie girls! I am awarding:
Congrats ladies! I just recently found all of your blogs, and I love:) Keep bloggin’!
Onto another note, I’ll be pureeing all of the food I usually eat and having it as “soup”. I can tell it’s going to look incredibly nast, but a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do;)
So, to celebrate my last night before what will probably be a week of non-solid food, I made some yummy goodness that didn’t end up as a plated picture. Let’s just say I was more excited to eat real food than to take a picture of it:)
My homemade hummus:) Recipe to come!
Brussels sprouts! Mrawrrrr
Eggplant. Looks appetizing, I know;)
Red quinoa! I can’t get enough of this stuff! It tastes and smells like Grape Nuts cereal, aka nutty heaven.
Slash I love my rice cooker even though it tends to “singe” instead of “cook” some of the time. It’s fine, any reason to be an octopus and doing a million things at once = fine with me:)
PARSNIP FRIES ahhhhh:)
That’s all for now loves! Hope you all have a good evening (slash now it’s semi-late..don’t let the bed bugs bite!)
I’ll be up until midnight eating everything in sight since I can’t eat at all after midnight…my tumbly will be grumbling for oatmeal!
Slash please entertain me with fun comments and blog posts for me to stalk all night in my Google Reader:)
Have you ever eaten Grape Nuts cereal? Wasn’t it AWESOME?
Yes, it was:)
How do you keep yourself entertained/distracted when you are trying not to think about scary things like surgeons and knives poking in your mouth?
Please help me out here.
What are your favorite late-night snacks?
I need ideas:)
Catch ya later dolls! I’m going to go read some of Crazy Sexy Diet, stalk blogs, and eat:)
p.s. expect a hilarious video of me with chipmunky cheeks in the near future