Good morning bloggie babes! I have a busy day ahead of me, so this post is going to be a quickie.
First of all, you all should know how much of a messy eater I am. I’m talking food drippage in my hair, on my clothes (one of the many reasons I wear scarves..but then it just gets on those?), on my face, and on all of my class notes.
My most recent (and not so obnoxious) stains.
You should see my bio notes.
Anywho, this morning I devoured a delicious [jar] of protein oats! Unforch, I forgot to take a picture (still getting back into the blogging thing..I was hungry). Into the jar went:
- 1/2 cup GF rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
- 1 melted banana
- ~ 1 scoop Vega Sport vanilla protein powder (I am OBSESSED. Turns your oats green! Roarrr green power)
- Topped with: blueberries, raspberries, and a good 2 tbsp. or so of almond buttah from the jar
Yummmay in mah belly:)
For your enjoyment, here’s a picture of a glorious bowl of oats I had a few days back (and actually got a picture! go me):
Same oat-USVAB-banana combo as above, just with a toonnnn of PB and cacao nibs. Wassup, Elvis bowl!
Besides that, I’ve been snackety snacking on micro muffies. A microwaved muffin! Doesn’t get any better than that:)
In a normal bowl, mix:
- 3 tbsp. flour, oats, oat bran, etc.
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp. applesauce or oil
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. liquid (water, milk, etc.)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- your choice of sweetener (I use stevia)
- handful of mix-ins (raisins, chocolate chips, cacao nibs)
- spices if desired (I used about 1/4 tsp. or so of cinnamon)
Mix it all together and nuke in a greased mug for 90 seconds, then pop out and let it cool, bottom side up (bottums up, bottums up…). It will firm up and not be so gooey, I promise:)
Top with nut butter or whateva you’re feeling, and devour! Nom nom 🙂
Okay, now for the cookies! I’ve been gluten-free since about September or October. It gives me awwwwful migraines and digestive and muscle pains, and since I’ve been off of it, my symptoms have gone away. So, I’ve been experimenting with gluten-free baking as of late, and recently came up with these babies!
Gluten-Free Orange Cranberry Cookies
Makes about 14 cookies (it can easily be doubled)
- 1/3 cup almond flour (almond meal)
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup NuStevia baking blend (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp. orange extract
- about 3 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (I used dehydrated Whole Foods brand cranberries and soaked them in hot water for about 5-10 minutes)
- about 2-3 tbsp. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze (eyeball this based on dryness/wetness of the batter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl (except cranberries), and wet ingredients in another.
- Mix wet and dry together thoroughly, then fold in cranberries (if you followed my method of dehydrated-and-soaked, make sure you drain the water out well).
- Drop by the tablespoon onto greased cookie sheets, and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for about 7 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly golden on the edges.
- Try to not burn your tongue by eating one fresh outta the oven.
These were perfectly moist and delicious🙂 I froze about half of them so that I can pop one in the microwave every night and have a cookie “fresh out of the oven”. Soooo good! Last night I needed a snackety snack and topped one with almond butter…do it. Now.
I’m off to work on my Econ paper! I’ll be squeezing in a workout a bit later. Hopefully it’ll be a bit more organized than my hodgepodge from yesterday!
I think I have workout ADD…I kept going from elliptical to stair climber to treadmill and back around. Maybe today will be a spinning class🙂
Are you a messy eater?
Yes. I currently have oats on my bathrobe.
What’s your favorite way to eat oats?
With a melted banana, protein powder, almond butter, and berries:)
What’s your favorite dessert/cookie?
BROWNIES! And chocolate chip cookies (the gooey kind). And cake:) Does fruit count as dessert? Fruit + chocolate = super combo.
p.s. I totally lied, this was NOT a short post. I get carried away;)