Good morning lovies! Hope everyone’s had a bright and shiny start to their day
I have discovered the ULTIMATE in breakfast foods.
Usually I roll with cooked oats, oats/oat bran mixtures, quinoa flakes, buckwheat, you get the gist, but I haven’t tried overnight versions since the summer.
Which turned out nast.
I couldn’t handle the texture of the overnight oats, it made me feel slightly sick, so I tried a mixture of ground oats and oat bran that rocked my world!
This morning: Berry Chocolate Cookie Dough in a Bowl.
Why do I not call this “overnight oats”, you may ask? It’s because I make them with ground oats/oat bran and mixed with very little water, allowing for a very chewy, dough-like texture. Major yum.
Mine may be green, but it is green with PRIDE.
Berry Chocolate Cookie Dough in a Bowl
- 1 serving ground oats, oat bran, or a mixture
- 1 scoop Vega Sport Vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp. Navitas Naturals raw maca powder
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate Superfood powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other liquid (water, milks, etc.), adding more as necessary to liquify just slightly (you still want it to be relatively thick)
- Topped with: homemade raw almond butter (pictures to come!), cacao nibs, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
- Mix dry ingredients in your brekkie bowl.
- Add liquid slowly, stopping just as the liquid is no longer absorbed into the dry ingredients. You still want the texture to be thick, but have some unabsorbed liquid that will allow the mixture to expand and thicken over night.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for 1-2 hours, I checked on mine after a little over one hour and it was already all thickened)
- Top to your liking and devour!
Mixed as dry:
This is seriously JUST like cookie dough! I meann, if you add berries to your cookies And, the cacao nibs were a perfect chocolate chip-like addition, sans the sugar!
Best part, is this breakfast is completely raw. I’ve been going as raw as possible lately, and it makes me feel so good and have so much more energy!
Usually I make it sans chocolate, which tastes like regular cookie dough. You can certainly omit the maca and use other protein powders, those are just my preferences and are by no means required for cookie dough-ness
I had this con a GLORIOUS green smoothie:
Recipe to come
Alrighty kiddos, I’m off to a raw food brunch! I know, I’m way excited Veg juices + smoothies + raw crepes = get in mah belly.
- Raw brunch recap!
- Gluten-Free Pizza for One
- Mediterranean Mushroom-Artichoke Salad
- Mini Baked Falafels
- My favorite basic green smoothie:)
Have a good day all! See you later
p.s. I TOTALLY dreamed of a closet full of scarves last night. It was heaven, obviously, since we all know that I am a scarf fiend